- Welding methods: MMA, MIG-MAG, TIG HF
- Warranty: 3 years, also for companies
- Duty cycle: 70% at 250A, 100% at 208A
- Wire feeder: 4 rollers, supporting 5kg, 15kg and 18kg spool
- Functions: non-contact arc ignition (HF), brazing, gas-free welding, inductance adjustment, pulse x3, aluminium MIG, VRD, 2t/4T, IGBT
- Description: Professional semi-automatic welding machine which allows work in any method. The device is characterized by unrivalled quality of workmanship, high duty cycle and many modern features that guarantee the highest quality of welding.
Welder Inverter Paton MultiPRO 250 (15-4) MIG/MAG MMA/TIG HF – basic data
The digital multifunctional welder inverter PATON MultiPRO 250 15-4 230V is intended for semi-automatic welding with the MIG/MAG method, manual arc welding with the MMA method, and arc welding with the TIG HF method in a shield of gases and protective mixtures with direct current. The MultiPro series is equipped with a non-contact arc ignition module (oscillator) with a built-in gas supply valve. The advantage of using a fully electronic control system in this device excludes the disadvantages which are characteristic of multifunction devices based on analogue control systems which, by definition, are always directed towards one specific method and all other methods have control disadvantages as an additional feature. In a completely electronic system, the control system has absolutely all the resources of the source, within the limits of its full power and regardless of which method is used. The “Multi-Professional” series device is designed for industrial use, the source can be separated from the welding wire feeding mechanism for convenience as well as safety.
Thanks to the possibility of additional adjustment, you can choose the most optimal welding machine setting according to the situation. The source provides a nominal current of 250 A, which is sufficient for work with electrodes from Ф1.6 mm up to easily fusible Ф6 mm and semi-automatic welding with solid wire of diameter from Ф0.6 mm to Ф1.2 mm. The source defaults to optimal values and is simple enough if you don’t go into the details of the settings, which already require more experience from the welder. For hazardous work conditions, a block for lowering the idle voltage in the MMA method is built in, with the possibility of turning it on and off.
A characteristic feature of PATON® semi-automatic machines of the “Multi-Professional” series is the high-quality, sealed, metallic wire feeder, as well as the existing KZ-2 “EURO” type connector, which has become a standard in the world, allowing the user to change the holder at will in the future. The device has a protection module against abnormal levels of supply voltage (overvoltage or voltage drops) as well as against surges. Due to the increased frequency of the voltage supplied to the transformer, the transformer can be several times smaller. Therefore, the weight and overall dimensions of the welder are several times smaller than those of ordinary devices with identical output parameters.
Functions and features of the Paton MultiPRO 250 (15-4) MIG/MAG MMA/TIG HF welder inverter
GASLESS WELDING FUNCTION – WELDING WITH SELF-CONSUMING WIRE
All PATON MIG/MAG welding machines are adapted for welding with self-serve wire. Such welding, as opposed to the traditional MIG/MAG welding process, is carried out without shielding gas – however, it requires a special welding wire. The wire produces its own shielding, which helps to protect the welding arc. Self-shielded wire suitable for PATON welding machines can be purchased here – 5 kg spools of wire will fit all wire feeders.
MULTIPRO SERIES – BUILT-IN IONIZER
The MultiPro series welders have a built-in HF IONIZER, which enables contactless arc ignition in TIG welding. This extension is a function of the TIG handle control button. The handle button control cable connects directly to this module. When the control button on the torch is pressed, the control signal is sent to the welding machine controller, which develops the function of the previous t1 gas flow for cleaning the weld area before welding and with a delay gives the signal to switch the welding machine on – thus enabling TIG welding with contactless arc ignition.
SOLDERING – INDUCTANCE CONTROL
Paton MIG/MAG welders of the Standard and PRO series have the possibility of brazing thanks to the function of changing the inductance in three stages. The inductance control enables to optimize the characteristics of the arc depending on the thickness of the component to be welded. This function is necessary to change the speed of the current flow when changing the arc voltage. The thinner the element to be welded with MIG/MAG, the higher the inductance should be (soft arc – less fusion), for thicker elements the opposite (hard arc – more fusion).
Main advantages of Paton MultiPRO 250 (15-4) MIG/MAG MMA/TIG HF welder inverter
- European production
- Electronic thermal protection system that protects all heat generating parts from overheating
- Reliability thanks to IGBT technology
- Possibility to work with long extension cables as well as with a generator
- Pulsed current welding in all welding methods
- Improved arc glow stability
- Change mode function 2T, 4T, gas cleaning from the feeder function
- In addition to protection against mains voltage spikes and dips, the devices have a stabilization system for operation during longer phase-to-phase voltage fluctuations and enable proper operation for the voltage range from 320V to 440V
- Twice lower power requirements compared to traditional sources
- Optimum penetration and correct stitch shape regardless of welding position
3-year manufacturer’s warranty for consumers and companies
The highest quality of workmanship confirmed by a 3-year DOOR-to-DOOR manufacturer’s warranty. MULTI PRO series models are characterized by a compact construction which uses a number of innovative technological solutions increasing the reliability of the devices. Inverter reliability in dusty and humid environments has been increased.
The purchased set includes:
- PATON™ MultiPRO 250 230V welder inverter
- PATON™ BPI 15-4 feeder (15 kg spool – 4 roll feeder)
- MIG MAG welding torch ABICOR BINZEL MB GRIP 25 3m
- Electrode holder ABICOR BINZEL DE2300 3m
- Bulk holder ABICOR BINZEL MK300 3m
- Wire feeder rollers 4x (0,8 – 1,0),4x (1,2 – 1,6) V + 4x (0,8 – 1,0) U
- Welding wire spool cover
- Quick connector for gas
- Cardboard packaging
- Carrying strap
- Instruction manual
Compared to inverter welders from other manufacturers, this product was invented by the designers of the Pilot Plant of Welding Equipment of the Electric Welding Institute named after E. O. Paton, has the following advantages:
- Wide range of adjustment of welding parameters:
– MMA method – 1 (basic) + 10 (additional)
– TIG method – 1 (basic) + 10 (additional)
– MIG/MAG method – 2 (basic) + 8 (additional)
- Pulsed welding function, which is programmable in all welding modes.
- Installed module for contactless arc ignition (initiation of welding with high voltage of kV)
- In addition to the protection against mains voltage surges, the devices are equipped with a stabilization system for longer voltage changes in a single-phase power network and enable proper operation of the device for the voltage range from 160 V to 260 V. It is worth remembering that at the minimum voltage of 160 V, it is possible to perform welding with an electrode with a diameter of no more than Ф 3 mm or semi-automatic welding with a wire with a diameter of no more than Ф 0.8 mm.
- Adapted to the standard power grid. Thanks to its high efficiency, the source provides twice as much electricity demand as traditional sources
- Automatically adjusts the speed of the fan, which works with higher efficiency when the unit is warmed up, and reduces the speed when the unit is not in use. This affects the wear of the fan, reduces the amount of dust in the unit and the noise during welding.
- Convenience of working with a nominal current load of the device, without the need for cooling interruptions at 25 °C.
- High reliability of the device in production conditions with high dustiness and high humidity.
- The device is equipped with a thermal protection system which protects all elements generating heat of the welding unit against overheating.
- All electronic components of the device are impregnated with two layers of high quality lacquer, which ensures the reliability of the product during its entire lifetime
- Improved stability of the electric arc glow
- Reliability thanks to the use of the latest advanced IGBT technology.
- The small size and weight of the device do not affect the technical performance of the welder, but facilitate welding in difficult places.
|Rated power supply voltage 50/60 Hz||230 V|
|Rated power supply current||32 – 36 A|
|Rated welding current||250 A|
|Maximum operating current||335 A|
|Operating load factor %||70% – 250 А|
100% – 208 А
|Power supply voltage range||160 – 260 V|
|Welding current control range||12 – 250 A|
|Welding current control range||12 – 28 V|
|Wire feeding speed control range||2,0 – 16 m/min |
|Diameter of a stick electrode||1,6 – 6,0 mm|
|Number of pressure rolls||4|
|Diameter of electrode wire||0,6 – 1,6 mm|
|Coil weight,||≤18 kg|
|Non-contact arc ignition (HF)||Yes|
|Welding processes with a pulse welding mode||MMA/TIG/MIG/MAG|
|Function "Anti-Stick" ||Adjustable|
|Reduction of open-circuit voltage||Automatic|
|Reduction of open-circuit voltage||ON / OFF|
|Open-circuit voltage||12 / 75 V|
|Welding arc starting voltage||110 V|
|Rated consumed power||6,9 … 7,7 kVA|
|Maximum consumed power||8,5 … 11,0 kVA|
|Operating temperature range||–25 … +45 ºС|
|Fulfilled standards:||"EN 60204 – 1:2006|
EN 60974 – 1:2012
EN 60974 – 10:2014"
|Overall dimensions (length, width, height)||460 х 250 х 346|
|Protection class*||IP 21|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.