Paton ProMIG-200 welder inverter – basic information
The Paton ProMIG 200 welder inverter is designed for semi-automatic MIG/MAG welding with shielded gases and protective mixtures, manual arc MMA welding and argon shielded TIG welding with direct current.
The design of the ProMIG 200 model (15 kg spool, also capable of handling a 5 kg spool – 2 roll feeder) provides some of the best protection against external influences on the market. This model’s rated current of 200A at a 70% duty cycle is a result that allows intensive welding of 6mm materials without the risk of overheating. The power source can be separated from the welding wire feed mechanism for ease of use and safety. Characteristic features of PATON™ Professional Series semi-automatic welding machines are the high-quality sealed metallic wire feeder, as well as the existing KZ-2 “EURO” type connector, which has become a standard worldwide, allowing the user to change the holder at will in the future.
In a completely electronic system, the control system has absolutely all the resources of the source, within the limits of its full power and regardless of what method is used. The device of “Professional” series is designed for industrial use, for the most demanding users.
Functions and features of Paton ProMIG-200 MIG/MAG welder inverter
GASLESS FUNCTION – WELDING WITH SELF-CONSUMING WIRE
All PATON MIG/MAG welding machines are adapted for welding with self-source wire. Such welding, as opposed to the traditional MIG/MAG welding process, is carried out without shielding gas – however, it requires a special welding wire. The wire produces its own shielding, which helps to protect the welding arc. Self-shielded wire suitable for PATON welding machines can be purchased here – 5 kg spools of wire will fit all wire feeders.
SOLDERING – INDUCTANCE ADJUSTMENT
Paton MIG/MAG welders of the Standard and PRO series have the possibility of brazing thanks to the function of changing the inductance in three stages. The inductance control enables to optimize the characteristics of the arc depending on the thickness of the component to be welded. This function is necessary to change the speed of the current flow when changing the arc voltage. The thinner the element to be welded with MIG/MAG, the higher the inductance should be (soft arc – less fusion), for thicker elements the opposite (hard arc – more fusion).
PULSE FUNCTION IN ALL METHODS
– PULSE in TIG welding – full control of heat entering the material – a great feature for welding stainless steel and acid-resistant steel,
– Pulses in MMA – easier transfer of material from electrode to weld pool, better quality of welded joint,
– Pulses in MIG/MAG welding – easier detachment of metal droplets from the end of electrode wire, possibility of pulse current adjustment. MIG welding with pulse is useful for welding stainless steel, acid-resistant steel and aluminum alloys. In addition, pulse welding provides better parameters for soldering CuSi3
THE MAIN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN MIG/MAG WELDING MACHINES OF STANDARD AND PRO SERIES:
- duty cycle – PRO series MIG/MAG welders have a 70% duty cycle, while the Standard series has a 45% cycle at the same welding current. In addition, MIG/MAG welding machines in the PRO series achieve a continuous duty cycle at a higher welding current than MIG/MAG welding machines in the Standard series.
- Wire feeder – The PRO Series has a separate wire feeder that handles spools from 15 to 18 kilos. The feeder can be separated from the source for convenience in welding other methods – such as MMA or TIG DC. The PRO Series also has 2 roll or 4 roll wire feeder versions. On MIG/MAG Standard Series welders, the wire feeder is built into the welder, only handles spools up to 5 kilos and always has two rolls.
Main advantages of Paton ProMIG-200 welder inverter
- European production
- Electronic thermal protection system that protects all heat generating parts from overheating
- Reliability thanks to IGBT technology
- Possibility to work with long extension cables as well as with a generator
- Pulsed current welding in all welding methods
- Improved arc glow stability
- Change mode function 2T, 4T, gas cleaning with feeder function
- The devices have voltage spike protection and stabilization system, enabling proper operation in the voltage range of 160V to 260V
- Twice lower power requirements compared to traditional sources
- Optimum melting and correct stitch shape regardless of welding position
5-year manufacturer’s warranty for consumers and companies
The highest quality of workmanship confirmed by a 5-year DOOR-to-DOOR manufacturer’s warranty. The PRO series models are characterized by a compact design that uses a number of innovative technological solutions increasing the reliability of the devices. Inverter reliability in dusty and humid environments has been increased.
The purchased set includes:
- Welder Inverter PATON™ ProMIG 200
- PATON™ BPI 15-2 feeder (15 kg spool, also supports 5 kg spool – 2 roll feeder)
- MIG MAG welding torch ABICOR BINZEL MB GRIP 15 3m
- Electrode holder ABICOR BINZEL DE2200 3m
- Bulk holder ABICOR BINZEL MK300 3m
- Wire feeder rollers 1x (0.6 – 0.8), 1x (1.0 – 1.2) V
- Welding wire spool cover
- Quick connector for gas
- Cardboard packaging
- Carrying strap
- User manual
Compared to inverter welders from other manufacturers, this product was invented by the designers of the Pilot Plant of Welding Equipment of the Electric Welding Institute named after E. O. Paton, has the following advantages:
- Wide range of adjustment of welding parameters:
– MMA method – 1 (basic) + 10 (additional)
– TIG method – 1 (basic) + 10 (additional)
– MIG/MAG method – 2 (basic) + 8 (additional)
- Pulsed welding function, which is programmable in all welding modes.
- In addition to the protection against mains voltage surges, the devices are equipped with a stabilization system for longer voltage changes in a single-phase power network and enable proper operation of the device for the voltage range from 160 V to 260 V. It is worth remembering that at the minimum voltage of 160 V, it is possible to perform welding with an electrode with a diameter of no more than Ф 3 mm or semi-automatic welding with a wire with a diameter of no more than Ф 0.8 mm.
- Adapted to the standard power grid. Thanks to its high efficiency, the source provides twice as much electricity demand as traditional sources
- Automatically adjusts the speed of the fan, which works with higher efficiency when the unit is warmed up, and reduces the speed when the unit is not in use. This affects the wear of the fan, reduces the amount of dust in the unit and the noise during welding.
- Convenience of working with a nominal current load of the device, without the need for cooling interruptions at 25 °C.
- High reliability of the device in production conditions with high dustiness and high humidity.
- The device is equipped with a thermal protection system which protects all elements generating heat of the welding unit against overheating.
- All electronic components of the device are impregnated with two layers of high quality lacquer, which ensures the reliability of the product during its entire lifetime
- Improved stability of the electric arc glow
- Reliability thanks to the use of the latest advanced IGBT technology.
- The small size and weight of the device do not affect the technical performance of the welder, but facilitate welding in difficult places.
|Rated power supply voltage 50/60 Hz||230 V|
|Rated power supply current||25 – 28 A|
|Rated welding current||200 A|
|Maximum operating current||270 A|
|Operating load factor %||70% – 200 А|
100% – 167 А
|Power supply voltage range||160 – 260 V|
|Welding current control range||10 – 200 A|
|Welding current control range||12 – 26 V|
|Wire feeding speed control range||2,0 – 16 m/min |
|Diameter of a stick electrode||1,6 – 5,0 mm|
|Number of pressure rolls||2|
|Diameter of electrode wire||0,6 – 1,0 mm|
|Coil weight, not more than||≤18 kg|
|Welding processes with a pulse welding mode||MMA/TIG/MIG/MAG|
|Function "Arc-Force" ||Adjustable|
|Function "Anti-Stick" ||Automatic|
|Reduction of open-circuit voltage||ON/OFF|
|Open-circuit voltage||12 / 75 V|
|Welding arc starting voltage||110 V|
|Rated consumed power||5,5 – 6,1 KVA|
|Maximum consumed power||6,6 – 8,0 kVA|
|Operating temperature range||–25 … +45 ºС|
|Fulfilled standards:||"EN 60204 – 1:2006|
EN 60974 – 1:2012
EN 60974 – 10:2014"
|Overall dimensions (length, width, height)||460 x 250 х 346|
|Protection class||IP 33|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.