Welder Inverter PSI 250 Standard PATON™ 230 V is designed for semi-automatic MIG/MAG arc welding, gas shielded arc welding with TIG method and manual arc welding with MMA shielded electrode, direct current (DC) with PULSE function. Standard series devices are dedicated for home and semi-industrial use. They provide a 45% duty cycle at a full rated current of 250 A without loss of performance or quality. This makes it possible to use solid wire from 0.6 … 1.2 mm in the GMAW method and the electrode with a wire cladding of 1.6 mm or more 6 mm (SMAW). The robust design and ease of use make it easy to work with the device, with its small size, allowing for excellent weld quality.
The use of a completely electronic control method in this series excludes defects that are characteristic of multifunctional systems. The welding source is set to optimum values, allowing you to start working with it immediately. For more advanced work, the device is equipped with additional functions, the setting of which requires slightly more skill from the welder. The device allows for polarity change, which enables us to weld with a self shielding wire (FCAW). For hazardous conditions, a MMA Idle Voltage Derating Unit has been built into this unit, with the possibility of switching it on and off. After the welding process is completed, the voltage at the source terminals is reduced to a safe level of 12 V within 0.1 seconds.
The characteristic feature of the PATON™ Standard series semi-automatic machines is a high quality wire feeder which has been additionally sealed, and the existing KZ-2 “EURO” type integrated connector, which has been standardized worldwide, allows the user to choose any MIG/MAG holder of his or her choice. These Standard Series welding units are protected against ingress of foreign particles more than 12.5 mm in size and against rain drops if the rain drops fall at an angle to the vertical surfaces of the welding unit does not impair its operation. MIG / MAG function 2T & 4T, this function is used for short welding and medium welding lengths.
Features & Benefits:
The high quality of the welds and the safety of the Welder Inverter are ensured by additional adjustable functions
PRE GAS/POST GAS FUNCTION: This function is necessary to protect the welding zone from the harmful effects of atmospheric air and consists in pre-cleaning the welded place with shielding gas against electric arc ignition. The second function is to clean the shielding gas welding zone after the welding arc has expired. The welded lake is exposed to the harmful effects of atmospheric air.
FUNCTION OF BURNING OUT AT THE END OF WELDING: This function is designed for the smooth welding of a welding crater, which can be formed in the welding pool due to electromagnetic blow forces generated by the welding arc. The crater so formed can be a source of future welding defects. This function should be activated by releasing the corresponding button on the welding torch at the end of the welding process. After this, the movement of the welding torch should be terminated, and the welding crater should be welded in the welding voltage decay mode.
PULSED WELDING FUNCTION: This function is designed to simplify the control of a welding process in various spatial welding positions, excluding a flat welding position. This function is also used in welding nonferrous metals. When this function is activated, the application of pulse welding current improves the mixing of molten metals in the weld area and causes forced action on the transfer of molten metal drops into the welding pool, therefore the stability of the weld formation and the stability of the welding process are improved.
Welder Inverter PSI 250 STANDARD PATON™ Inverter have a stabilization system, so they can be powered from the aggregate, also operates at full nominal current with a 60 m long on extension cable and a 2.5 mm diameter.
|Electrode diameter (mm)||Set welding current in the MMA and TIG welding processes||Electrode wire diameter in the MIG/MAG welding process||Minimum power of the generator|
|Ф 2||Not more than 80 А||Not more than Ф0,6 mm||2,9 kVA|
|Ф 3||Not more than 120 А||Not more than Ф0,8 mm||4,5 kVA|
|Ф 4||Not more than 160 А||Not more than Ф1,0 mm||6,2 kVA|
|Ф 5||Not more than 200 А||Not more than Ф1,0 mm||7,6 kVA|
|Ф 6 for a free-melting electrode||Up to 250 А||Up to Ф1,2 mm||10,0 kVA|
Thanks to their robust, compact design, Standard series welders are ideal for field work and semi-industrial conditions. The small size of the machine makes it very mobile. It is worth noting that the welding parameters fully correspond to the real working parameters of the welder, which is defined by the use of high-quality electronic components with thorough control at each stage of production.
The kit includes:
- Inverter welder PATON PSI 250 STANDARD DC 230V
- The welding cable 3 m in length with an electrode holder
- The welding cable 3 m in length with grounding clamp
- Wire feeder rollers 1x (0.6 – 0.8), 1x (1.0 – 1.2) V
- Gas quick connector
- Cardboard packaging
- Operating instructions
Compared to inverter welders from other manufacturers, this product was invented by the designers of the Pilot Plant of Welding Equipment of the Electric Welding Institute named after E. O. Paton, has the following advantages:
- Wide range of adjustment options for welding parameters:
– the MMA method – 1 (basic) + 10 (additional)
– the TIG method – 1 (basic) + 4 (additional)
– the MIG/MAG method – 2 (basic) + 4 (additional)
- Pulsed welding function, which is programmable in all welding modes.
- Protection system against voltage surges.
- Despite the protection against voltage spikes, a stabilisation system has been installed for larger long-term voltage differences in the single-phase power supply from 160 V to 260 V. It is worth remembering that in the case of the minimum voltage of 160 V, welding with an electrode with a diameter of no more than Ф3 mm or semi-automatic wire welding with a diameter of no more than Ф 0.8 mm may be performed.
- Adapted to the standard power grid. Thanks to its high efficiency, the source provides twice as much electricity demand as traditional sources.
- The adaptive fan speed, which increases at the start of welding, increases even more when the welder is warmed up and decreases when it is cool, saves fan wear and reduces the amount of dust in the welder.
- Convenience of operation due to the long load time at the nominal current, which allows welding practically without interruption with Ф5 mm electrodes (for PSI 250 Standard), e.g. АNО-/21/36 at 200 А current at 25 °С.
- Increased reliability of the welder in dusty and wet production conditions. The microelectronic system has been moved to a separate chamber protected by a robust construction.
- All electronic components of the welding machine are impregnated with two layers of high-quality lacquer, which ensures the reliability of the product during its lifetime.
- The welding machine is equipped with an electronic thermal protection system which protects all heat-generating elements of the welding unit against overheating.
- Improved stability of the electric arc glow.
- Continuously adjustable welding parameters.
- Reliability thanks to the use of the latest advanced IGBT technology.
|Rated power supply voltage 50/60 Hz||230 V|
|Rated power supply current||32 – 36 A|
|Rated welding current||250 A|
|Maximum operating current||335 A|
|Operating load factor %||45% – 250 A|
100% – 167 A
|Power supply voltage range||160 – 260 V|
|Welding current control range||12 – 250 A|
|Welding current control range||12 – 28 V|
|Wire feeding speed control range||2,0 – 16 m/min |
|Diameter of a stick electrode||1,6 – 6,0 mm|
|Number of pressure rolls||2|
|Diameter of electrode wire||0,6 – 1,2 mm|
|Coil weight, not more than||5 kg|
|Welding processes with a pulse welding mode||MMA: 0,2...500 Hz|
TIG: 0,2...500 Hz
MIG/MAG: 5...500 Hz
|Function "Arc-Force" ||Adjustable|
|Function "Anti-Stick" ||Automatic|
|Reduction of open-circuit voltage||ON/OFF|
|Open-circuit voltage||12 / 75 V|
|Welding arc starting voltage||110 V|
|Rated consumed power||6,9 – 7,7 kVA|
|Maximum consumed power||9,3 kVA|
|Operating temperature range||–25 … +45 ºС|
|Fulfilled standards:||EN 60204 – 1:2006|
EN 60974 – 1:2012
EN 60974 – 10:2014
|Overall dimensions (length, width, height)||420 х 245 х 298|
|Protection class*||IP 21|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.