Welder Inverter PSI 270 PRO (15-2) 400 V PATON™ is designed for semi-automatic MIG/MAG arc welding, gas shielded arc welding with TIG method and manual arc welding with MMA shielded electrode, direct current (DC) with PULSE function. The use of a completely electronic control method in this series excludes defects that are characteristic of multifunctional systems. In a fully electronic system, the control system has absolutely all the resources of the source, within the limits of its full power and regardless of which method is used.
The Professional series devices are designed for semi-industrial and industrial use, the source can be separated from the welding wire feeding mechanism for convenience and safety. They provide a 70% duty cycle at full rated current of 270 A without loss of performance or quality. This makes it possible to use solid wire from 0.6 … 1.2 mm in the GMAW method and a coated electrode from 1.6 … 6 mm SMAW. It is possible to replace the polarity for welding self shielding wire (FCAW). For hazardous conditions, a MMA Idle Voltage Derating Unit has been built into this unit, with the possibility of switching it on and off. After the welding process is completed, the voltage at the source terminals is reduced to a safe level of 12 V within 0.1 seconds.
These Professional Series welding units are protected against ingress of foreign particles more than 2.5 mm in size and against rain drops if the rain drops fall at an angle to the vertical surfaces of the welding unit not more than 60 degrees. Welder inverter is allowed for outdoor operation in temperature -25 + 45 ºС . The internal electrical and electronic elements of the welding unit are protected against moisture but are not protected against atmospheric condensate drops.
The characteristic feature of the PATON™ semi-automatic machines of the “Professional” series is the high quality, sealed, metallic wire feeder, as well as the existing KZ-2 “EURO” type connector, which has become a standard in the world, allowing the user to change the holder at his own discretion in the future. In this model, the feeder is equipped with 2 wire feed rollers, we can use a spool up to 18 kg and a 4-meter welding gun. Due to their compact and robust design, the Professional Series of welding machines are ideal for field work and semi-industrial conditions. The small size of the machine makes it very mobile.
Features & Benefits:
The high quality of the welds and the safety of the Welder Inverter are ensured by additional adjustable functions
FAN STOP: Adaptive fan, a solution which increases the life of the fan itself and additionally reduces the amount of dust in the device itself. The speed of the fan increases at the beginning of work and when it is heated up, and decreases when the welder is cooled down.
PULSED WELDING FUNCTION: This function is designed to simplify the control of a welding process in various spatial welding positions, excluding a flat welding position. This function is also used in welding nonferrous metals. When this function is activated, the application of pulse welding current improves the mixing of molten metals in the weld area and causes forced action on the transfer of molten metal drops into the welding pool, therefore the stability of the weld formation and the stability of the welding process are improved.
INDUCTANCE CONTROL FUNCTION: Inductance control allows optimization of the arc characteristics according to the welded thickness element and welding method and conditions. This function is necessary to change the slew rate of the current when the arc voltage changes. The thinner the element to be welded with the met MIG/MAG the inductance should be higher (soft arc – less fusion), for thick elements vice versa (hard arc – greater embedding).
Welder Inverter PSI 270 PRO PATON™ Inverter have a stabilization system, so they can be powered from the aggregate, also operates at full nominal current with a 58 m long on extension cable and a 2.5 mm diameter.
|Electrode diameter (mm)||Set welding current in the MMA and TIG welding processes (A)||Electrode wire diameter in the MIG/MAG welding process (mm)||Minimum power of the generator (kVA)|
|Ф2||Not more than 80||Not more than Ф0.6||2.9|
|Ф3||Not more than 120||Not more than Ф0.8||4.5|
|Ф4||Not more than 160||Not more than Ф1.0||6.2|
|Ф5||Not more than 220||Not more than Ф1.0||9.0|
|Ф6 low-melting||Not more than 270||Not more than Ф1.2||11.0|
It is worth noting that the welding parameters fully correspond to the real working parameters of the welder, which is defined by the use of high-quality electronic components with thorough control at each stage of production.
The kit includes:
- Welder Inverter PATON™ PSI 270 PRO DC (15-2) 400V
- The welding cable 3 m in length with an ABICOR BINZEL™ DE2300 electrode holder
- The welding cable 3 m in length with a ABICOR BINZEL™ MK300 grounding clamp
- Wire feeder rollers 1x (0.6 – 0.8), 1x (1.0 – 1.2) V
- Welding wire spool cover
- Gas quick connector
- The shoulder-carry belt
- The operation manual
Compared to inverter welders from other manufacturers, this product was invented by the designers of the Pilot Plant of Welding Equipment of the Electric Welding Institute named after E. O. Paton, has the following advantages:
- Wide range of adjustment of welding parameters:
– MMA method – 1 (basic) + 10 (additional)
– TIG method – 1 (basic) + 10 (additional)
– MIG/MAG method – 2 (basic) + 8 (additional)
- Pulsed current welding function, which is additionally programmable – in all welding modes;
- The welding unit is protected against long-time fluctuations of power supply voltage and ensures welding arc stabilization when the input voltage of the unit changes in the range of 320 V through 440 V.
- Adapted to the standard power network. Thanks to high efficiency, the source provides twice the electricity demand compared to traditional sources;
- Automatic adjustment of the fan speed, which works with higher efficiency when the unit is warmed up, and reduces the speed when the unit is not in use. This affects fan wear, reduces the amount of dust in the unit and reduces welding noise.
- Comfortable operation related to loading the device with the nominal current, without the need for cooling intervals at 25 °C.
- High reliability of the device in dusty and highly dusty production conditions humidity.
- Increased durability thanks to impregnation of the electronic system with two layers of high quality lacquer, which ensures the reliability of the product during its entire life.
- The welding machine is equipped with an electronic thermal protection system which protects all elements generating heat of the welding unit from overheating.
- Improved stability of the electric arc glow.
- Continuous adjustment of welding parameters.
- Efficiency through the use of the latest advanced IGBT technology.
|Rated power supply voltage 50/60 Hz||3x400 V|
|Rated power supply current||12 - 13 A|
|Rated welding current||270 A|
|Maximum operating current||350 A|
|Operating load factor %||70% – 270 А|
100% – 220 А
|Power supply voltage range||±15% V|
|Welding current control range||14 – 270 A|
|Welding current control range||12 – 29 V|
|Wire feeding speed control range||2,0 – 16 m/min |
|Diameter of a stick electrode||1,6 – 6,0 mm|
|Diameter of electrode wire||2|
|Number of pressure rolls||0,6 – 1,2 mm|
|Coil weight, not more than||≤18 kg|
|Welding processes with a pulse welding mode||MMA/TIG/MIG/MAG|
|Function "Arc-Force" ||Adjustable|
|Function "Anti-Stick" ||Automatic|
|Reduction of open-circuit voltage||ON / OFF|
|Open-circuit voltage||12 / 75 V|
|Welding arc starting voltage||110 V|
|Rated consumed power||7,9 – 8,6 kVA|
|Maximum consumed power||11,0 kVA|
|Operating temperature range||–25 … +45 ºС|
|Fulfilled standards:||EN 60204 – 1:2006|
EN 60974 – 1:2012
EN 60974 – 10:2014
|Overall dimensions (length, width, height)||540 х 360 х 400|
|Protection class*||IP 33|